Creagh Deal on Wind Turbines
Creagh Concrete have recently received planning permission for constructing and operating 3 turbines at our Draperstown Pit. This has taken 5 years to achieve this and construction will take place late next year.
We hope to benefit by
- Replacing the diesel generators at the Pit by a grid connection, reducing our energy costs and carbon footprint, making our core business more efficient
- Investing in new equipment at the Pit to increase the life of the sand and aggregate reserves there
- Trading electricity to the grid when we are not using it ourselves – a new source of income
- Having a construction contract for turbine bases and haul roads in the pit
- Using the existing diesel generators elsewhere in the business, making best use of all of our resources
- Having a long term (27 year) plan for development of renewable energy in our business
We need Partners to build this project. in the same way that we need to partner all our colleagues to process aggregates, batch concrete, manage our supply chain, win contracts, deliver to our customers, and develop our business.
REG (Renewable Energy Group) will be our 50/50 partner in this project and any other wind developments in the future. This is a real long term partnership and we have enormous respect for the people in this company. Together we will work to make the wind division of our business successful and add to the sustainability of employment in our core activities.
Download a Brochure
Request an Information
Click here to Request a Brochure